Marie Curie Fellowship 2018-2020
Language acquisition, lexicon, bilingualism, dyslexia, infant directed speech, speech perception.
Tel.: +34 943 309 300 (ext: 234 )
- Kalashnikova, M., Oliveri, A., & Mattock, K., ( In Press ) Acceptance of lexical overlap by monolingual and bilingual toddlers. International Journal of Bilingualism.
- Kalashnikova, M., Goswami, U., & Burnham, D., ( In Press ) Delayed development of phonological constancy in toddlers at family risk for dyslexia. Infant Behavior and Development.
- Kalashnikova, M., Goswami, U., & Burnham, D., ( In Press ) Sensitivity to amplitude envelope rise time in infancy and vocabulary development at three years: A significant relationship. Developmental Science.
- Di Liberto, G., M., Peter, V., Kalashnikova, M., Goswami, U., Burnham, D., & Lalor, E. , ( 2018 ) Atypical cortical entrainment to speech in the right hemisphere underpins phonemic deficits in dyslexia. Neuroimage, 175, 70-79.
- Kalashnikova, M. & Burnham, D. , ( 2018 ) Infant directed speech from 7 to 19 months sounds the same but has different functions. Journal of Child Language.
- Kalashnikova, M., Goswami, U., & Burnham, D. , ( 2018 ) Mothers speak differently to infants at-risk for dyslexia. Developmental Science, 21, e12487.
- Kalashnikova, M., Escudero, P., & Kidd, E. , ( 2018 ) The development of fast-mapping and novel word retention strategies in monolingual and bilingual infants. Developmental Science. e12674
- Burnham, D., Singh, L., Mattock, K., Woo, P. J., & Kalashnikova, M. , ( 2018 ) The phonological specificity of tones in infant word learning: A comparison of monolingual and bilingual learners on perception of native and non-native tones. Frontiers in Psychology, 8, 2190.
- Pino-Escobar, G., Kalashnikova, M., & Escudero, P. , ( 2018 ) Vocabulary matters! Interactions between verbal and non-verbal measures of attentional control in monolingual and bilingual children. Journal of Experimental Child Psychology, 170 (177-179).
- Peter, V., Kalashnikova, M., & Burnham D. , ( 2018 ) Weighting of amplitude and formant rise time cues by school-aged children: A mismatch negativity study Journal of Speech, Language, and Hearing Research. 61(5), 1322-1333.
- Kalashnikova, M., Carignan, C., & Burnham D. , ( 2017 ) The origins of babytalk: Smiling, teaching or social convergence? Royal Society Open Science, 4, 170306
- Leong, V., Kalashnikova, M., Burnham, D., & Goswami, U. , ( 2017 ) The temporal modulation structure of infant-directed speech. Open Mind: Discoveries in Cognitive Science, 1(2), 78-90.
- Peter, V., Kalashnikova, M., Santos, A., & Burnham, D. , ( 2016 ) Mature neural responses to infant-directed speech but not adult-directed speech in pre-verbal infants. Scientific Reports, 6, 34273.
- Kalashnikova, M., Mattock, K., & Monaghan, P., ( 2016 ) Mutual exclusivity develops as a consequence of abstract rather than particular vocabulary knowledge. First Language, 36(5), 451-464.
- Peter, V., Kalashnikova, M., Burnham, D. , ( 2016 ) Neural processing of amplitude and formant rise time in dyslexia. Developmental Cognitive Neuroscience, 19 (152-163)
- Kalashnikova, M., & Burnham, D., ( 2016 ) Novel word learning, reading difficulties, and phonological processing skills. Dyslexia, 22(2), 101-119.
- Kalashnikova, M., Schwarz, I. C., & Burnham, D. , ( 2016 ) OZI: Australian English Communicative Development Inventory. First Language, 36(4), 407-427.
- Kalashnikova, M., Mattock, K., & Monaghan, P. , ( 2015 ) Flexible use of mutual exclusivity in word learning: The use of social-pragmatic cues in the acceptance of lexical overlap. Language Learning and Development, 12(1), 79-91.
- Malone, S. A., Kalashnikova, M., & Davis, E. M. , ( 2015 ) Is it a name or a fact? Disambiguation of reference via exclusivity and pragmatic reasoning. Cognitive Science Volume 40, Issue 8
- Kalashnikova, M., Mattock, K., & Monaghan, P., ( 2015 ) The effects of linguistic experience on the flexible use of mutual exclusivity in word learning. Bilingualism: Language and Cognition, 18(04), 626-638.
- Kalashnikova, M., Mattock, K., & Monaghan, P. , ( 2014 ) Disambiguation of novel labels and referential facts: A developmental perspective. First Language, 34(2), 125-135.
- Kalashnikova, M., & Mattock, K., ( 2014 ) Maturation of executive functioning skills in early sequential bilingualism. International Journal of Bilingual Education and Bilingualism, 17(1), 111-123.