International Workshop on Learning and Memory Consolidation
As part of its wider scientific and knowledge-transfer activities, the Basque Center on Cognition, Brain and Language is delighted to announce a workshop dedicated to the mechanisms of learning and memory consolidation.
Our aim is to provide a multidisciplinary platform to discuss the processes of memory formation, with a strong emphasis on the offline neural changes leading to memory stabilization and enhancement. Our hope is to bring together researchers working on these issues at various levels of analysis, i.e., cellular, systemic and behavioural, and with data coming from humans as well as other species.
The International Workshop on Learning and Memory Consolidation is to take place from Thursday the 10th to Friday the 11th of July 2014, at the Palacio Miramar in Donostia-San Sebastian, Spain.
We look forward to seeing you all there in July!
Nicolas Dumay and Doug Davidson, as organizers
- Prof. Jan Born - Universität Tübingen, Germany
- Prof. Michael Hasselmo - Boston University, Massachusetts, USA
- Prof. Daniel Margoliash - University of Chicago, Illinois, USA
- Prof. Matthew Wilson - Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Massachusetts, USA
- Prof. John Wixted - University of California, San Diego, USA
- Abstract deadline:
- March 2nd, 2014. Extended to March 30th.
- Notification of abstract acceptance:
- March 17th, 2014.Extended to April 15th.
- Early registration deadline:
- April 30th, 2014.
- Online registration deadline:
- June 22nd, 2014.
- Conference dates:
- July 10 - 11, 2014.
BCBL - Basque Center on Cognition, Brain and Language.
The Cognitive Science Society offers a grant of $250USD in support of the best Student Paper on a cognitive science topic, at the International Workshop on Learning and Memory Consolidation. The prize includes also a membership in the Cognitive Science Society for next year. The winning paper will be announced on The Cognitive Science Society website.
The book of abstracts is available.
Participants are requested to design posters (portrait) with the following dimension:
- Maximum poster height: 120 cm
- Maximum poster width: 90 cm
Each poster will be given a unique number which correspond to the poster panel. Participants are requested to set up their poster during the morning coffee break and they should be on display for the whole duration of the workshop.
The official poster of the conference is available.