neurocognition of language, speech segmentation, spoken and written word recognition, word acquisition, memory consolidation, phonological encoding
personal web page: https://sites.google.com/site/nicolasdumay/home
- Armstrong, B.C., Dumay, N., Kim, W., & Pitt, M.A., ( 2017 ) Generalization from newly learned words reveals structural properties of the human reading system. Journal of Experimental Psychology: General, 146(2), 227-249. DOI: 10.1037/xge0000257
- Dumay, N., ( 2016 ) Sleep not just protects memories against forgetting, it also makes them more accessible. Cortex, 74, 289-296. DOI: 10.1016/j.cortex.2015.06.007
- Dumay, N., & Gaskell, M.G., ( 2012 ) Overnight lexical consolidation revealed by speech segmentation. Cognition, 123, 119-132. doi:10.1016/j.cognition.2011.12.009.
- Dumay, N., & Content, A. , ( 2012 ) Searching for syllabic coding units in speech perception. Journal of Memory and Language, 66, 680-694. DOI: 10.1016/j.jml.2012.03.001.
- Dumay, N., & Damian, M.F., ( 2011 ) A Word-Order Constraint in Single-Word Production?: Failure to Replicate Janssen, Alario, and Caramazza (2008). Psychological Science, 22, 559-561. DOI: 10.1177/0956797611401754.
- Damian, M. F., & Dumay, N. , ( 2009 ) Exploring phonological encoding through repeated segments. Language and Cognitive Processes, 24, 685-712.
- Chéreau, C., Gaskell, M.G., & Dumay, N. , ( 2007 ) Reading spoken words: Orthographic effects in auditory priming. Cognition, 102, 341-360.
- Dumay, N., & Gaskell, M.G. , ( 2007 ) Sleep-associated changes in the mental representation of spoken words. Psychological Science, 18, 35-39.
- Damian, M.F., & Dumay, N. , ( 2007 ) Time pressure and phonological advance planning in spoken production. Journal of Memory and Language, 57, 195-209.
- Dumay, N., & Gaskell, M.G. , ( 2005 ) Do words go to sleep? Exploring consolidation of spoken forms through direct and indirect measures. Behavioral and Brain Sciences, 28, 69-70.
- Dumay, N., Gaskell, M. G. & Feng, X. , ( 2004 ) A day in the life of a spoken word. In K. Forbus, D. Gentner, and T. Regier (Eds.), Proceedings of the Twenty-Sixth Annual Conference of the Cognitive Science Society (pp. 339-344). Mahwah, NJ: Erlbaum.
- Gaskell, M.G., & Dumay, N. , ( 2003 ) Lexical competition and the acquisition of novel words. Cognition, 89, 105-132.
- Dumay, N., Frauenfelder, U.H., & Content, A. , ( 2002 ) The role of the syllable in lexical segmentation in French: Word-spotting data. Brain and Language, 81, 144-161.
- Dumay, N., Benraïss, A., Barriol, B., Colin, C., Radeau, M., & Besson, M. , ( 2001 ) Behavioral and electrophysiological study of phonological priming between bisyllabic spoken words. Journal of Cognitive Neuroscience, 13, 121-143.
- Dumay, N., Content, A., & Frauenfelder, U.H. , ( 1999 ) Acoustic-phonetic cues to word boundary location: Evidence from word spotting. Proceedings of the 14th International Congress of Phonetic Sciences (pp. 281-284), San Francisco, CA, USA.