The Basque Center on Cognition Brain and Language – BCBL- (San Sebastián, Basque Country, Spain) is offering a postdoctoral position focused on the MEG correlates of learning, as part of ERC-funded research project (PI: Ram Frost).
The successful candidate will have a rigorous background in MEG data acquisition and analysis, a high level of independence, and a strong publication record. Knowledge of computational, behavioral and/or fMRI techniques would be advantageous. This project is in collaboration with research groups at the Hebrew University and the University of Toronto studying statistical learning and language.
Deadline: November 15th, 2016.
2. A cover letter/statement describing your research interests (4000 characters max).
3. Two reference letters submitted directly by the referees through the outline system.
INPhINIT, the new ”la Caixa” Doctoral Fellowship Programme
INPhINIT is a new doctoral fellowship programme devoted to attracting international Early-Stage Researchers to the top Spanish research centres in the areas of Bio and Health Sciences, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics. INPhINIT is promoted by the “la Caixa” Foundation with the aim of supporting the best scientific talent and fostering innovative and high-quality research in Spain by recruiting outstanding international students and offering them an attractive and competitive environment for conducting research of excellence.
INPhINIT recruits per call 57 Early-Stage Researchers of any nationality, who enjoy a 3-year employment contract at the Research Centre of their choice among those selected and awarded by the Spanish Ministry of Economy and Competitiveness (“Severo Ochoa” centres of excellence and “Maria de Maeztu” units of excellence) and the Spanish Ministry of Health (“Carlos III centres of excellence”). In addition, researchers establish a personal career development plan including trasnational, intersectoral and interdisciplinary mobility opportunities, and attend a full range of complementary training courses and workshops.
INPhINIT relies on the European Commission’s support through the Horizon 2020 Marie Skłodowska-Curie Actions – COFUND programme to recruit a larger number of researchers and achieve a broader impact, as well as to further pursue the highest standards for research training.
The call is now open and the application period is from November 7th until February 2nd, 2017
The projects offered by the BCBL for this call are:
- A predictive coding approach for modeling brain activity
- Timing in audiovisual speech integration: A neurophysiological assessment for language disorders
- Clinical applications of multilingualism
- Tracing the algorithm of bilingual language learning
- High-resolution atlas of the human thalamus for neuroimaging studies: application to dyslexia
- Reading development and its disorders
- Optimization in second language pronunciation
- A multimodal neuroimaging investigation of cognitive impairment and behavioural abnormalities in Parkinson’s disease: pathophysiology and diagnostic approach
- Development of novel methods for studying the dynamics of functional brain connectivity with concurrent electroencephalography (EEG) and functional magnetic resonance imaging (fMRI)
- Advanced spatio-temporal deconvolution algorithms to investigate brain function with functional magnetic resonance imaging (fMRI)
- Developmental trajectories of the neurobiological mechanisms of human consciousness
- Brain lateralization for language
For further information, please visit the following links:
- Application website: https://www.lacaixafellowships.org/index.aspx
- Find BCBL projects: https://hosts.lacaixafellowships.org/finder
- INPhINIT Programme: https://obrasociallacaixa.org/en/educacion-becas/becas-de-posgrado/inphinit/about-inphinit