WILD - Workshop on Infant Language Development
The Basque Center on Cognition, Brain and Language is pleased to announce the first Workshop on Infant Language Development (WILD). The overarching goal of WILD is to bring together scientists with different perspectives and methodological approaches to the study of early language and cognitive development. The meeting will be held between June 20 th and 22 nd , 2013 in Donostia – San Sebastian, Spain.
This scientific meeting has been created to highlight recent research on a wide range of topics within monolingual and bilingual development, including speech perception and production; word learning; the development of syntax and morphology; brain mechanisms and first language acquisition; recent advances in infant brain imaging techniques (i.e., EEG, NIRS); atypical language development; language and cognition; early bilingualism; multilingual development; the role of culture in language development; gestures and non-verbal communication in infants and toddlers.
- Richard Aslin - University of Rochester, USA
- Krista Byers-Heinlein - Concordia University, Canada
- Jenny Saffran - University of Wisconsin, USA
- Nuria Sebastian - Universitat Pompeu Fabra, Spain
- Daniel Swingley - University of Pennsylvania, USA
- Marilyn Vihman - University of York, UK
- Janet Werker - University of British Columbia, Canada
The workshop program also includes poster and talk sessions, and we invite abstract submissions in any of the above-mentioned topics.
We look forward to seeing you in 2013!
WILD Organizing Committee
BCBL - Basque Center on Cognition, Brain and Language.
IMPORTANT DATES TO REMEMBER
- Abstract deadline:
- February 18th, 2013. Extended till March 1st, 2013.
- Notification of abstract acceptance:
- March 8th, 2013. Extended till March 15th, 2013.
- Early registration deadline:
- April 9th, 2013. Extended till April 15th, 2013.
- Online registration deadline:
- May 14th, 2013
- Conference dates:
- June 20 - 22, 2013
Participants are requested to design posters with the following dimension:
- Maximum poster height: 120 cm
- Maximum poster width: 90 cm
Each poster will be given a unique number which correspond to the poster panel. Participants are requested to put up their poster during the lunch break on the day corresponding to their poster presentation so as to increase the opportunity for other participants to read it. Posters should be removed by the end of the day (before 7:00 pm), but can stay on the panels until then.
The tentative program of WILD is available.
The notification of abstracts acceptance was sent on March 15. If you have not received your notification yet, please contact us by email ( firstname.lastname@example.org )
Selected presentations (talks or posters) will have the opportunity to be published in the 2014 monograph of the journal Language Learning.
The official poster of the conference is available.