We are pleased to announce the 22nd AMLaP conference, Architectures and Mechanisms for Language Processing, which will take place in Bilbao, Spain, on September 1-3, 2016.
AMLaP 2016 aims to bring together psychological, computational, and theoretical perspectives on the cognitive mechanisms underlying any aspect of human language processing. Contributions to AMLaP which explicitly relate empirical and experimental findings to cognitive mechanisms of language processing are especially encouraged.
Topics relevant to the conference include (but are not limited to):
- bilingual language processing
- computational models (symbolic and connectionist)
- corpus-based studies and statistical mechanisms
- cross-linguistic studies
- dialogue processing
- language comprehension
- language production
- lexical processing
- learning mechanisms
- models of acquisition
- neurobiology of language processing
- parsing and interpretation
- semantic processing
The conference will include keynote speakers, regular talks, panel discussions, and poster sessions.
- Anne-Lise Giraud - University of Geneva, Switzerland
- N. Bonnie Nozari - Johns Hopkins University, USA
- Robert T. Knight - UC Berkeley, USA
BCBL - Basque Center on Cognition, Brain and Language.
UPV-EHU, University of the Basque Country.
IMPORTANT DATES TO REMEMBER
- Abstract deadline:
- April 15th, 2016. Extended till April 22nd, 2016.
- Notification of abstract acceptance:
- May 16th, 2016.
- Early registration deadline:
- June 15th, 2016.
- Online registration deadline:
- July 15th, 2016.
- Conference dates:
- September 1 - 3, 2016
The scientific program will consist of keynote lectures, oral sessions and poster sessions.
The book of abstracts of AMLaP 2016 is available.
We have scheduled 20 minutes for the talks including 5 minutes for discussion.
In order to make sure that the oral sessions run on time, we would like to ask everyone to send their slides for the presentations in advance so that
we can set up shared laptops for this purpose.
The two laptops have the following configurations:
- LAPTOP_1: MS Windows7 Pro, MS Office Standard 2010 SP1, Adobe Acrobat Reader DC 2015.010.20060 , Windows Media Player 11, VLC 2.2.2
- LAPTOP_2: Mac OSX 10.11.4 El Capitan, MS Office 2011 for Mac , KeyNote 6.5.3, Adobe Acrobat Reader DC 2015.010.20060, VLC 2.2.2, Quicktime 10.4.
Please upload your presentation using the following Link:
Please name the presentation according to the oral session the presentation is for (e.g.: OS-2.3 for Oral Session 2, third presentation). The
presentations will be loaded in both computers.
Also note that during the registration, coffee and lunch breaks, presenters will be able to test their presentations for the upcoming session.
Participants are requested to design posters (portrait) with the following dimension:
- Maximum poster height: 120 cm
- Maximum poster width: 80 cm
Each poster will be given a unique number which correspond to the poster panel. Posters should be removed by the end of the day (before 6:30 pm), but can stay on the panels until then.
The official poster of the conference is available.